Monday, September 16, 2013

Favorite Quote's

One of my favorite books to read is Graceling by Kristin Cashore. There are alot of quotes in this book that discribe me and some are are just my favorite ones. Here are some of them.

"Sit, Your High Majestic Lord Princes," she said. She yanked a chair from the table and sat herself down.
"You're in fine temper," Raffin said.
"Your hair is blue," Katsa snapped back.”

“She knew he was angry, but she couldn't stop laughing. "Forgive me, Po. I was only trying to get your attention."
"And I suppose it never occurs to you to start small. If I told you my roof needed rebuilding, you'd start by knocking down the house.”

''she could never be anyone's but her own.”


"Perhaps she wouldn't recognize her own nature after all.”
“Raffin appeared again, a floor above her, on the balconied passageway that ran past his workrooms. He leaned over the railing and called down to her. "Kat!"
"What is it?"
"You look lost . Have you forgotten the way to your rooms?"
"I'm stalling."
"How long will you be? I'd like to show you a couple of my new discoveries."
"I've been told to make myself pretty for dinner."
He grinned. "Well in that case, you'll be ages."
His face dissolved into laughter, and she tore a button from one of her bags an hurled it at him. He squealed and dropped to the floor, and the button hit the wall right where he'd been standing. When he peeked back over the railing, she stood in the courtyard with her hands on her hips, grinning. "I missed on purpose," she said.
"Show off! Come if you have time." He waved, and turned into his rooms.”

 “He made her drunk, this man made her drunk; and every time his eyes flashed into hers she could not breathe.”

“Normal. She wasn't normal. A girl Graced with killing, a royal thug? A girl who didn't want the husbands Randa pushed on her, perfectly handsome and thoughtful men, a girl who panicked at the thought of a baby at her breast, or clinging to her ankles.”

“You're afraid of your own anger”

“It's as if when I open myself up to every perception, things create their own focus.”

“She couldn't steal herself back from Randa only to give herself away again - belong to another person, be answerable to another person, build her very being around another person”

“I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.
"It's the color of sunrise," Helda said.
"It's the color of blood," Katsa Said.
Sighing, Helda carried the dress from the bathing room. "It would look stunning, May Lady," she called, "with your dark hair and your eyes."
Katsa yanked at one of the more stubborn knots in her hair. She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face.”


As you can see I have a lot of quotes that I like and it's hard to choose my number one favorite out of all of them but the one I guess I really love would be this one.

"And I suppose it never occurs to you to start small. If I told you my roof needed rebuilding, you'd start by knocking down the house.”





1 comment:

  1. I have that book in my classroom but I haven't read it. I think I need to! I really like that last quote especially.

    ReplyDelete